Popsicles Two Ways: White Peach and Raspberry Swirl Popsicle and Mango, Pineapple and Raspberry Popsicles


So, I am in the middle of a super frantic mode currently. My trusty computer got infected by a virus, which resulted in the performance being really slow, almost impossible to use. The first thing I did when that happened was to check my "Pictures" folder, and they're gone! Basically, all of my data was gone, what a nightmare! I am trying to find help and crossing my finger that the data can be recovered, but we'll see... :(

In the midst of all that this past weekend, I spent some time freezing raspberries, making fruit salad and yogurt sherbet for my niece's and nephew's dessert, and the last thing I did was making brandied cherries and raspberries! It wont be until 3 months from now that they will be ready to use, but I can't wait!



Putting the computer problem aside, I actually had a really good long weekend. We took a nice walk around Stanford mall and campus, which was really nice with the constantly perfect California weather. We took a drive to the Santa Cruz mountain on the mission to find the best taco place here in northern CA, dinner with friends, and I found white currants!! I've always wanted to use red currants for cake decoration but they are very rare around here. I was happily shocked when I saw the white version and even though not as pretty as the red sibling, I bought it anyway and thought I could really use it as a garnish for something. Now all I need to do is make something.

Before the computer crashes, I managed to type this draft of post. Here is another summer treat I made a while back, while we were still in "real" summer time. I've never made popsicles before, despite it being really fun and easy, but this year, I was always in the look for something quick and easy dessert to make.


It is not surprising that during summer time, my fridge is always full of different types of berries, different type of stone fruits, anything you can think of. Every weekend when I go to farmers' market, I just couldn't resist buying everything (and I mean everything), but they get forgotten really quickly once they're stored in the fridge due to my lack of visit to the refrigerator :(. As a matter of fact, I have 12 punnets of very fragrant raspberries, a big case full of strawberries, and a big bag of black cherries. They make the fridge smells so good everytime i open it up.


I am still working on summer desserts, still trying to grab on the last summer produce I can find. Not quite ready yet for the chocolate, coffee, caramel, chesnut, and the like, but I think I will be soon ;)

Popsicle is a fun treat, and not to mention healthy too for the kids after school or after an afternoon in the park under the sun. My nephew Tobias, which is only 1.5 years old (almost 2 now), couldn't get enough of it. He cried for more everytime he finished one portion.



I have a few events coming up, and that means I will be drown in sugar constantly, but in the meantime, at least for another week, I get to enjoy my day and make whatever I want in the kitchen. It is still going really slow for one easy dessert to make, but I'm trying my best.

White Peach and Raspberry Swirl Popsicles

Raspberry Swirl
125g fresh or frozen raspberries
40g sugar

Cook the raspberry and the sugar until boiling. Strain the mixture to get as much liquid as possible

White Peach Yogurt Layer
2 peaches (about 200g), cut up
175g whole milk yogurt
40g sugar

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
  • Prepare your popsicle molds
  • Pour a little of the raspberry mixture in the bottom of the mold, then add some peach yogurt mixture.
  • Continue layering until full
  • You can swirl it using a toothpick or a skewer if you want to create a swirl pattern
  • Put it in the freezer until solid.
Mango, Pineapple and Raspberry Popsicles

Raspberry layer - use the leftover from the white peach popsicles

Pineapple layer
175g pineapple puree
sugar (I forgot to measure it. Put enough sugar to sweetened it, the amount depends on the sweetness of the pineapple)

Blend the pineapple and the sugar until smooth. Strain.

Mango Yogurt Layer
1 75g whole milk yogurt
50g mango pulp
30g sugar

Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth

Assembly:
  • Pour some mango yogurt layer in the bottom (that will become the top of the popsicles)
  • pour some pineapple layer
  • Freeze for a few minutes until the pineapple layer set for a bit
  • Pour a thin layer of raspberry layer
  • Freeze until solid

3 comments:

Roberta Galea said...

Stunning photography :) love the recipe too

Anonymous said...

I need to get some of those loolies. looks delicious. I could use some of that in this weather. Love your blog.

Kiki said...

Yay!!! now I can make them too. Thank you so much for sharing, sister! It is super yummy Maxie was crying too when he finished eating one and I told him no more ice cream :(